The point of the SuperMonkey Ancestral diet method is to return to the basis of a dietary regime which was our normal for well over 1.8 million years. We are born to be essentially opportunistic vegetable based foragers with the occasionally successful meat kill or scavenge.
Seasonal abundance and regional availability meant we didn’t eat well all the time, sometimes not at all. We had a wide variety of foodstuff and we put a lot of effort into simply working to find things to eat to survive and thrive. Often covering a lot of ground. Your ancestors were good at it or you wouldn’t be here.
We put a lot of time into helping each client arrive at their optimal nutritional strategy, we are all a little different and it takes some time to get the balance just right. If your an elite athlete or joe public, you have to get it right for you.
You can never out-train a bad diet
In very general terms, here are our basic rules;
– No regular refined sugars. (e.g. sugar, honey, juices, sweets, Coke etc)
– No regular refined carbs (e.g. bread, pasta, cakes, crisps, cereals, rice etc).
– Rarely fruit smoothies, potatoes, red meat.
– Eat as much chicken, fish, eggs and vegetables as you like.
– Plenty of nuts, seeds and berries.
– A little fruit.
– Eat something you have grown or foraged every day (eg sprouted seeds).
– Eat only 1 main meal.
– Small snacks through the day (eg nuts or small dose protein shake).
Occasionally (e.g. once in 2 months).
– A feast – pasta or rice dish, red meat dish, a little honey.
– A fast – a day (or two) when you don’t eat, just drink
– Remember – it’s good and natural to feel very hungry at times and not always eat. Our ancestors had no choice, but we do and we need to exercise intelligent control in our modern lives and embrace this mild discomfort. Our bodies soon adjust.
Three square meals is a myth.